Saturday, January 2, 2016

Revisiting Fatty Fat


I was watching that Eminem movie the other day, and I was struck by the truth of moment. If you put all of your fears out there, what can you or anyone else do? You can't be afraid any more. Nobody can say what you haven't already said yourself. 
It's so sad to admit, but one of the things I'm afraid of the most is someone asking me if I'm pregnant again. I dress to cover my stomach. I usually dress in really baggy tops. Partly it's genetics. My mother also tends to carry weight around her stomach. It's partly being two sizes bigger than I was three years ago. It's partly just eating too much. 
And I don't want to be afraid any more. 
So here are the two things about my body I am trying to constantly hide - my stomach and my triple chin.
It's liberating to see it up on the big screen.
I know this isn't for everyone. 
But it is for me. 
I don't want to be afraid of my own body any more.
I want to practice what I preach. 

Self acceptance. Self awareness. Truth seeking. 

I was writing on Fat back in May of last year. Especially pertaining to my eating habits. Here's the link if you're interested. 


No comments: